11 September 2007

Meet Sparky

Everyone, this is Sparky.
Sparky, this is everyone.










Yes, friends, this is the infamous fish of the Lost Daily Prompt. I've had him for about a year and a half, although we almost lost him last year to an eye infection of some sort.
Yes, an eye infection.
On a fish.
He's really quite human despite his aquatic exterior.

He likes to pick up pebbles and throw them against the side of his tank when he's hungry. Or angry. Or when he wants attention.
Basically, he has a whole lot of attitude.

He likes to watch when people wash dishes.

He doesn't enjoy being taunted. Example: if you hold his food over the tank without dropping it in, he'll jump out in an attempt to get it. I'm convinced he's part piranha.

He also doesn't enjoy being woken up. I found this out this morning, when I woke up and realized that it was 58 degrees and Sparky, being a tropical fish, was in the kitchen on the windowsill--next to the wide open window. Freezing. So, I picked up the tank with the sleeping Sparky and moved it away from the window. Sparky was sleeping no more. As a matter of fact, he was quite incensed to have been awoken. However, when he realized I was moving him for his own protection (namely, so he wouldn't become a Sparky-pop), he forgave me and is now happily swimming around.


That's Sparky in a nutshell. I think we should all get along just fine.

No comments: